Norton AntiVirus Plus is well suited for 1 Mac or PC providing real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, ransomware, phishing attacks and more of today’s complex online and offline threats with multiple layers of advanced security technology including smart firewall.
With password manager, create, store, and sync all your passwords across windows, google android and iOS devices to securely log into any site.
Remain safe with the protection of Norton Antivirus Basic online, which is powered by 24/7 monitoring and can identify new threats and viruses.
This implies you can see the web without fear, compose emails, and undertake internet banking safely. Fill your laptop or Personal computer with your important documents, photos, and more, safe in the data you have the latest security.
Please note that is something key only. You can get a product instructions and key on where you can download your software from. No disk is provided.
Real-time Threat Protection
- Multi-layered, advanced security helps drive back existing and growing malware threats to your devices, and help protect your financial and personal information when you are online.
- Password Manager
- Create easily, store, and manage your passwords, credit card information and other qualifications securely online – safely and.
- Smart Firewall
- Screens marketing communications in the middle of your computer and other blocks and computer systems unauthorized traffic, helping protect your individual documents and financial information.
- 2GB Cloud Backup
- Automatic, secure cloud backup for PCs – to store and protect important documents and files against hard drive failures, taken devices and ransomware even.
- Powerful protection for your device and private information on it
- Norton AntiVirus Plus is ideal for 1 Computer or Mac providing real-time threat protection against malware, spy ware, ransomware, phishing attacks and more of today’s organic online and offline threats with multiple layers of advanced security technology including smart firewall.
- With password supervisor, create, store, and sync all of your passwords across windows, iOS and Android devices to securely log into any site.
Operating Systems Supported
- All versions of Windows 10, except Windows 10 S. Windows 10 for Mobile is not supported.
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all versions) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later. New features are no longer supported on Windows Vista operating systems. Password Manager browser extension is no longer supported on Windows Vista.
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Professional with Service Pack 3 (SP 3) or later. New features are no longer supported on Windows XP. Password Manager browser extension is no longer supported on Windows XP.
With Norton AntiVirus Basic, you can fill your PC with years of photos, music, files and financial documents without worry. Automatic, behind-the-scenes updates ensure you’ll always have the latest protection for your PC—and all of your valuable files.Trust the original—and still leading—antivirus.
Antivirus is in our DNA. Norton created the original antivirus software in 1989, and more than 25 years later we still set the bar for speed and performance in security software. Only Norton products have won PC Magazine Editors’ Choice Award 39 times — more than any other security company.1
Easily upgrade as your needs grow.
If you want to add Norton protection to your smartphone, two-way firewall protection for your data, or parental control software to teach your kids safe habits online, you can seamlessly upgrade to our best protection anytime. No need to start a new subscription. You’ll only pay the prorated price for your new service.
Norton AntiVirus Basic covers a single PC.
Benefits for you:
- Industry-leading protection at a groundbreaking price.
- Powered by one of the world’s largest 24×7 threat monitoring networks.
- Helps defend against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats.
- Automatic “silent” updates ensure you have the latest protection.‡‡
- Seamless upgrade options to additional protection as your needs grow
- Helps defend against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats
- Advanced security helps protect your private and financial information when you go online
- Utilizes one of the largest global civilian intelligence networks to spot threats faster
- Manages to score high marks in tests especially the independent lab ones.
- Has fantastic intrusion prevention tools
- Features such as Power Eraser is very effective against persistent malware
- Extra features such as Password manager along with Antispam and website rating system.
- AV-Comparatives’ Real-World Safety Test is a thorough standard which pits 18 of the very best antivirus engines against a few of the latest malware.
- The February-June 2018 overview report covers the full total results of five regular tests, and Norton achieved an acceptable 7th place with a protection rate of 99.5%. The merchandise outperformed Avast (99.4%) and was only fractionally behind Kaspersky (99.7%), using its only problem being a sizable number of fake positives (32 – the 3rd highest in the group.)
- AV-Test’s July/August 2018 Home windows Home User survey showed even more excellent results, with Norton striking a 100% safety rate for both zero-day and common malware in both July and August’s assessments. The package scored 6/6 for performance and 5 also.5/6 for usability, which makes it one of the to earn AV-Test’s ‘Top Product’ award.
- These lab reports are more extensive than anything we’re able to do in a short-term review, but we wished to run yet another test of our own also.
- We’ve written our very own custom ransomware-like program which spiders through a test folder tree, starting and encrypting common images, document and videos types. As we’ve created the danger, Norton won’t have observed it before, causeing this to be a good test of its capability to identify and stop ransomware by behavior only.
- The full total results were unusual. The test was run by us executable, and it immediately died almost. A few documents were encrypted, but Norton AntiVirus Basic didn’t recover them or even warn us of the problem.
- Norton AntiVirus Basic does not have a trial build, which means you need to put up with Norton Security Deluxe. It’s fundamentally the same pack with a firewall, though, so you’ll receive a good feel for Norton’s primary abilities.
- Installation straightforward is. The create program found a safe security product on our system (Bitdefender Agent) and asked us to uninstall it, but offered the choice to leave it installed also. We much choose this process to stricter uninstallers which demand you remove just about anything from contending vendors. It’s good to be warned about potential problems, but users must have the ultimate say over whether to uninstall other software, or not.
- The setup process also wanted to install a handful of Norton’s browser extensions. Norton Safe Web warns you of dangerous websites, and Norton Recognition Safe is an easy password supervisor. Both are worthy of having, if you don’t already have similar security, but they’re available separately free of charge therefore don’t add much value here.
- After the installation was over, we pointed out that Norton’s various folders and data files had gobbled up a huge 1.6GB of drive space, more than the majority of the competition considerably.
- It’s still unlikely to fill up your hard drive, though, and the scheduled program had little other effect on our bodies resources. We observed only three new history techniques on our test Computer (like the web host for the Chrome enlargement), eating under 50MB of Storage typically, and generally you will not even notice it’s there.
- Norton AntiVirus Basic has a stylish and clean user interface, filled with options and regulates absolutely. Your protection status is highlighted clearly, including information on your last check and revise. You can find buttons for common sets of functions (Security, Id, etc), and clicking these reveals more activities and configurations even, many more than you may expect from a standalone antivirus tool.
- While this might appear intimidating initially, it isn’t difficult to use – rather, it’s in depth. If you want to check one’s body, click Security > Scans and you may start full or quick scans right away. Choose Custom Check and you can check specific drives, files or folders.
- There is not quite as much low-level tweaking power as you’ll receive from vendors such as Avast and Avira, where for example they don’t really just ask you if they should scan archives, but enable you to specify the types of archives to check on, and the depth of nesting to aid (just how many archives within archives to open). Norton doesn’t go that much, however the average consumer is improbable to treatment, and there are many more accessible possibilities.
- For instance, you can define and save a custom check out of your, perhaps checking D:\Files and E:\More, ignoring some check types to truly save time (rootkits, monitoring cookies), scheduling this to automatically run, but only once the machine is idle and it’s really on AC power (for instance), and choosing what goes on once the check is complete (turn off the system, rest, hibernate or leave it on). These aren’t the expert-level options you’ll sometimes get somewhere else, but they’re still very useful, and it’s more likely that the normal consumer will understand and also use them.
- A couple of valuable extra features and tools available, too. For example, if a normal scan can’t detect or fix your trouble, the program supplies the effective Norton Power Eraser also, which can identify more stealthy threats often. Or if you are just looking for ideas to possible threats, choosing the Norton Understanding option scans working procedures to showcase anything that will be dangerous quickly, or at least merits closer evaluation.