Error 8504104: While installing Norton Antivirus from Norton.com/setup, one may encounter a few errors during the installation process. This should not take any credibility away from Norton being the remarkable Antivirus that it is. Norton, by itself, is a prolific antivirus that has made the lives of computer users easier in terms of safe online transactions and communication all across the world and the errors have to do with software and hardware technicalities associated with user systems and servers. Downloading Norton is hassle-free and it only takes a few minutes for the process. Pertaining to the Error 8504 104 while installing Norton, We are going to discuss the error in this blog. So here it goes.
The Error 8504104 occurs in case of another security product being present on the user PC. Another case of occurrence is if and when Norton is being upgraded to a newer version. In order to resolve Error 8504104, you can try following the below mentioned steps.
Fix 1. Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- If there is a previously installed Norton Family on your system, it is liable to interfere with the new installation. Therefore, you need to uninstall it before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Now, download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the downloaded file to your Desktop or Laptop so that it is readily accessible. Double-click the downloaded file. Click Agree on the License Agreement window that will open.
- From the list of Advanced Options, click Remove Only. Then, click Remove.
- Now, click Restart Now. Your PC will restart.
- After your computer has started up again completely, Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall Norton antivirus.
- You are good to go if the method stands useful and you can successfully see your Norton account details. However, if this doesn’t work, skip to the next method.
Fix 2. Uninstall any non-Symantec security product from your PC.
- Hold the Windows key and press R. A search box will appear on your screen.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” (without quotes), and then press Enter.
- A list of currently installed programs will appear. In the list, locate the non-Symantec security product. Right-click on it and select Uninstall or Remove.
- Complete the uninstalling process by following the on-screen prompts.
- After uninstalling, restart your PC.
- Upon restarting, try reinstalling your Norton antivirus (www.Norton.com/setup).
To resolve the issue, the above mentioned two steps should work. However, if none of the above-mentioned methods work, it is recommended that you contact Norton support where the professionals will take a closer look at your issue.