Some Norton products that come from a Service Provider can be installed on more than one computer at a time. You can also purchase additional licenses if needed or transfer a license from one computer to another.
Protecting your devices and managing your Norton product is as easy as adding a new device in your Norton account. Follow these instructions to install or reinstall your Norton product that is registered to your account.
- Sign In to Norton.
- If you are not signed in to Norton already, you will be prompted to sign in. Type in your email address and password for Norton, and click Sign In.
- If you do not have an account, click Create an Account, and then complete the sign-up process.
- In the Get Started page, click Download Norton.
- If you have a product key you have not yet registered to your account, click Enter a new product key to continue.
- Type the product key and click NEXT.
- If you see the message “To start your subscription, enter your billing information and product key at norton.com/enroll”, read Activate pre-paid Norton subscription purchased from retail store.
- Click Agree & Download.If you have more than one Norton product in your account, Choose the product you want to download and click Next.Click Load More if the product you desire to download is not visible in the list.
- For Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser: Click Run.
- For Firefox or Safari: On the top-right corner of the browser, click the Download option to view the downloaded files, and double-click the file that you downloaded.
- For Chrome: On the bottom-left corner, double-click the file that you downloaded.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Continue.
- Your Norton product is now installed and activated.
I want to download and install from my mobile device
- On your Android device, Sign In to Norton.
- When you are prompted to sign in to your Norton account, type in your email address and password, and then tap Sign In.
- In the Get Started window, tap Download Norton.
- Under Download Norton Security from Google Play, tap Download Now.
- You are now redirected to Play Store.
- Tap Install, and then tap Accept to install the app.
- When the installation finishes, tap Open.
- Read the Norton license agreement, and tap Agree & Launch.
- Norton Mobile Security performs the initial setup and runs LiveUpdate, Anti-Malware scan, and App Adviser scan. When the setup is complete, sign in to your Norton account to make use of all the features of Norton Mobile Security.
- In the top-left corner, tap the menu icon, and then tap Sign in.
- Type in your Norton account email address and password, and then tap Sign In.
In the Get Started page, click Send a download link.
- If you have more than one Norton product in your account, Choose the product you want to download and click Next.
- Click Load More if the product you desire to download is not visible in the list.
- Enter an email address you can access on your device and click the send button.
- An email will be sent to the email address with instructions to install the Norton product.
- You can also send the instructions through Text Message on a mobile device or copy the link and share.
- On the device where you want to download Norton, locate and open the email that you received from “The Norton Team”.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Agree & Download.
- Save the file on your computer and double-click the file to install your Norton product. By default, the file will be saved in the Downloads folder on both Mac and Windows computers.
Norton Internet Security : www.norton.com/setup
Norton Internet Security offers all the core protection you will find in Norton AntiVirus, along with many other security features. Here are the top ones that should influence your buying decision:
- Firewall: this is probably the feature that differentiates Norton Internet Security from Norton AntiVirus in the most important way. A firewall protects your computer and your data from hackers.
- Identity protection: you have probably heard about identity theft. Unfortunately, this type of threat is all-too-common online. Without protection you could be the victim of a phishing attack, perhaps by entering personal information on a site that looks legitimate to you, but is in fact malicious and hosted by hackers.
- Norton Identity Safe: with this feature, your Internet user names and passwords are stored in an encrypted vault and entered automatically in the relevant fields of web pages, for instance the login page of your bank’s website.
- Norton Safe Web: see fraudulent and fake websites directly from the search results of many different search engines, so you don’t even visit them.
- Anti spam: this feature is useful if you use Microsoft Outlook for emailing. It will identify unwanted (malicious or not) messages and based on your configuration settings, take appropriate actions.
- Parental controls management: if you have children old enough to use a computer, you should think about buying Norton Internet Security for this feature alone.
Norton AntiVirus Plus : www.norton.com/setup
Norton AntiVirus Plus is designed to detect and destroy even brand-new online threats.Norton AntiVirus Plus is ideal for 1 PC or Mac providing real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, ransomware, phishing attacks with multiple layers of advanced security technology including smart firewall.Norton AntiVirus Plus provides Smart Firewall, Password Manager and 2GB Cloud Backup for your computer (PC or Mac, Cloud Backup PC only).
- Real-time Threat Protection : Multi-layered, advanced security helps protect against existing and emerging malware threats to your devices, and help protect your private and financial information when you go online.
- Smart Firewall : Monitors communications between your computer and other computers and blocks unauthorized traffic, helping protect your personal files and financial information.
- Password Manager : Easily create, store, and manage your passwords, credit card information and other credentials online – safely and securely.
- 2 GB Cloud Backup : Automatic, secure cloud backup for PCs – to store and protect important files and documents against hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware.
Norton 360 Deluxe : www.norton.com/setup
Norton 360 Deluxe gives you comprehensive malware protection for up to 5 PCs, Macs, Android or iOS devices, including 50GB of secure cloud backup4 and Secure VPN for all 5 devices.Multiple layers of protection for devices and online privacy for the whole family.
- Device Security : Device Security on a Windows device should look familiar to long-time Norton users.monitor and notify you if we find your personal information on the dark web.
- Dark Web Monitoring : The top-tier Norton suites include the LifeLock identity-theft mitigation service; the suite reviewed here does not.
- Firewall Settings : Norton’s firewall component blocks attacks from outside and ensures that local program don’t misuse their access to the internet and network.
- Norton Secure VPN : Your Norton subscription includes five licenses for Norton Secure VPN, a significant value.
Norton 360 Standard : www.norton.com/setup
Norton 360 Standard gives you comprehensive malware protection for a single PC, Mac, Android or iOS device, including 10GB of secure cloud backup4 for PC and Secure VPN for your device.Multiple layers of protection for your devices and online privacy
- SafeCam : Get notified if cybercriminals try to use your webcam, and we can help block them.
- PC Cloud Backup : Cloud storage to store and protect important files and documents against hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware. Automatic, secure cloud backup for PCs – store and protect important files and documents against hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware.
- Threat-removal Layer : Provides protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and other online attacks. Avoids unsafe websites and suspicious downloads.
- Scam Insight : Reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it is safe to enter your personal information, so you can be confident it won’t be stolen by cybercriminals.
I see the message “No license available” when I download the Norton product
- Sign In to Norton.
- In the Device Security page, hover over the device you are no longer using, click .
- Click Delete Device.
- In the Remove Device confirmation window, click Remove.
- Click Done.
- If you want to install on another device, click Install on Another Device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the product.
What is Norton Security Scan?
Norton Security Scan is a free software based tool that helps you scan your PC for viruses, vulnerabilities, malicious cookies and similar threats. As mentioned, this is a free tool that does not require any type of subscription nor one time payment.
How do I recover my Norton account password?
- On the Norton account sign in page, click Forgot password? link.
- Type the email address that you used to purchase your Norton product or to create your Norton account.
- Click Continue.
- You will receive an email with reset password link from email@example.com. Check your spam or junk folders if you do not see the email in your Inbox.
- If clicking the link does not work, copy and paste this link directly into a web browser.
- If you still cannot locate the email, make sure that the email address you enter is the same as the one that you used to make your Norton product purchase or to create your Norton account.
What is a Virtual Private Network?
A virtual private network gives you online privacy and anonymity by creating a private network from a public Internet connection. VPNs mask your Internet protocol (IP) address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. Most important, VPN services establish secure and encrypted connections, guaranteed to provide greater privacy than even a secured Wi-Fi hotspot.
I do not use a device on which I installed Norton, how do I transfer the license to a new device?
- If your Norton product is installed on a device that you no longer use, you can transfer your Norton products from one device to another device.
- Sign In to Norton.
- In the Device Security page, locate the device that you no longer use, click .
- Click Manage License.
- In the Manage licenses page, select the device and click Remove Norton.
- Click Next.
- In the confirmation window, click Yes.
- To install Norton on a different device, click Install Now.
- Click Send link.
- Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What is scheduled scans?
When you install Norton Security Scan, a scheduled scan is created. When you manually scan your computer for the first time, Norton Security Scan determines the security status of your computer. Based on this, the frequency of the scheduled scan is automatically set.
Disable scheduled scans : In the Norton Security Scan main window, click Settings. Under Scheduled Scans, uncheck the Turn ON scheduled scan option.
Enable scheduled scans : In the Norton Security Scan main window, click Settings. Under Scheduled Scans, select the Turn ON scheduled scan option.
What can I do with Norton Password Manager?
Norton Password Manager helps you access, manage, and secure your passwords and personal information – all the things you rely on for your most important online activities.It sees when you need your login user name and passwords and helps you fill it in quickly and easily.Never again forget a user name or password – Norton Password Manager keeps your passwords synchronized across different browsers and mobile devices.
How secure is Norton Password Manager and my vault data?
Norton Password Manager uses industry-standard AES encryption and TLS secure connections to your browser to help keep your vault data private.
Your vault password is the only key able to unlock your vault data, and your vault password is never sent or stored anywhere – not to any file or website and not to Symantec’s own systems.
Norton Password Manager uses your vault password to immediately encrypt all information that gets stored in your vault.
Why are two passwords used for Norton Password Manager?
The passwords are used for two different reasons.
First, your Norton account password identifies you and your individual online vault. It also gives you access to other Norton services.
Second, your vault password is used to make a key to help secure your vault data